Sunday, February 14, 2010

What Do I Want?

I want to make games that demand your attention, not because their contents are controversial, but because they are great. Great in some way. Great to you. I have a strong desire to create new places of fantasy that become real in your mind. Places that you will grow emotionally attached to. These places will offer challenge, reward, fear, and joy. They will be both mysterious and comfortable to you. I want to introduce you to characters that amuse you, puzzle you, scare you... connect with you. They will be dependable; they will be there when you need them. They will never fail you. When you're not wanting to traverse, converse, or subvert, I want to give you the perfect toy to play with. A toy that will bring you many hours of enjoyment, only asking little of you and giving infinity in return. The sights, the sounds, and the sensations will grip you with their intent, designed to convey a true moment in life. What I want is pure. What I want is fantasy. I want this for you, because many others have given this to me.

Jools